About the Job
- Hamilton location – say goodbye to the rat race and live the dream
- 95 years of excellence in a values-led private surgical hospital
- Supportive and inclusive team, breaking new ground
Te Whiwhinga Mahi | The Opportunity
The Inpatient Ward is a dynamic and fast paced environment. We offer a variety of surgical specialties, including general, colorectal, gynae, urology, plastics (incl flaps), orthopaedics, cardiovascular, ENT/ORL. Our patients’ surgeries range from minor procedures to highly complex cases for both adults and paediatrics. This role will see you working for one of New Zealand’s largest surgical providers. You will provide pre and post-operative care as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
In short, we are growing and we need you!!
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and educate patients for surgery
- Monitor post-operative patients
- Manage your care in an environment with high patient turnover
- Provide excellent nursing care with a strong customer service focus
- Communicate with families and carers
Why Work for Braemar Hospital
You will join a high performing team and a workplace with relationships built on mutual trust and respect. We value our staff and offer professional advancement in a respectful, collaborative and learning environment.
- Competitive salary – we are New Zealand’s first hospital accredited as a Living Wage employer.
- Braemar Hospital provides all staff with morning and afternoon teas, and high quality, heavily subsidised lunches and dinners can be ordered daily.
- A café is located in the reception area on the ground floor and is available for staff use.
- Annual two-week hospital shut down over Christmas and New Year to enable a good summer break with family and friends.
- Access to our education fund for professional development.
- Staff parking area and street parking within easy walking distance
Ko Koe Tēnei | About You
- New Zealand Registered Nurse with current APC
- Inpatient surgical nursing experience
- Strong patient centred care attitude
- Possess excellent assessment and communication skills.
- Be calm and confident
- Be organised, methodical and precise, yet flexible
- Be resilient
- Be a team player who interacts well with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work rostered and rotating shifts
Ko Wai Mātou | About Us
Braemar Hospital is a 96-year-old, prestigious private surgical hospital in Waikato, New Zealand. We are a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation, fully owned by the Braemar Charitable Trust. We are dedicated to supporting over 100 specialists with state of art technology and services, and providing the highest quality care through our 260 staff to their patients.
The hospital comprises of nine Operating Theatres, two Endoscopy suites, 85 beds, plus a 5 bedded HDU/ICU – with further growth to be delivered by the end of 2022.
Our focus is on providing excellent patient care within a supportive team environment.
Rā Katinga | Applications Close: when positions are filled
If this is the role for you, please Apply now! Or phone Sheree, Patient Services Manager on 07 843 1898 ext 884.
Your application must include:
- Cover Letter
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, ethical practices, the principles of cultural and other forms of diversity, and we promote a smoke free work environment.