Braemar Hospital is Waikato’s leading private surgical hospital which provides state of the art technology and facilities, and is dedicated to providing the highest quality care with more than 100 specialists. There are nine operating theatres, two endoscopy suites, five bed HDU/ICU and 85 surgical beds. Braemar provides a comprehensive range of surgical and medical services for both day and inpatient surgery.
We are looking for experienced Registered Nurses to join our friendly team in the Inpatient Ward on night shift. Patients in a hospital need care whether it’s day or night.
Does night shift fit with your lifestyle better? Do you enjoy the autonomy and demand on your critical thinking skills out of hours? Less distractions and an ability to run errands when everyone else is working?
The Inpatient Ward is a busy and fast-paced surgical ward with differing acuity levels and often with a high patient turnover. Our patients’ surgeries range from minor procedures to highly complex procedures where no two days are the same.
We are looking for a senior registered nurse who has:
- Exceptional communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent time management
- A passion for providing a high standard of nursing care with a positive demeanour
- Sound surgical nursing knowledge with the ability and willingness to care for multiple specialties.
- Sound clinical nursing skills, with the ability to lead a team and co-ordinate after hours
- The willingness to go the extra mile with a ‘can do’ attitude, including teaching and mentoring others
- You must be a New Zealand Registered Nurse with a current practising certificate
- Ideally 4-5 years working in a New Zealand surgical hospital
- The flexibility to work rostered shifts
Braemar offers a state-of-the-art facility and a welcoming and friendly environment. You will enjoy:
- The variety of clinical work in a well-maintained environment
- Guaranteed Christmas break to enjoy with friends and family (planned Christmas closure)
- Subsidised restaurant quality meals
You will receive a comprehensive orientation with access to ongoing education opportunities.
If your passion is delivering care of an excellent standard, we would like to hear from you.
For further information please contact Leanne Browne 843 1898 ext 845.
Please apply by sending a comprehensive CV, evidence of current registration and covering letter.