Housekeeping Team Leader
There is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced housekeeping leader to join our Hospitality Team as Housekeeping Team Leader. We are a friendly housekeeping team in a clinical environment looking after the cleaning needs of two medical buildings.
We believe in supporting each other as we strive for an excellent result when it comes to cleanliness. We believe in developing our team members to succeed and grow. At the same time, we enjoy having fun and maintaining strong values of excellence, integrity and teamwork. Braemar Hospital continues to grow and we are now looking for a strong leader to take the helm of the Housekeeping department.
The role involves the following:
- Leading and maintaining the cleanliness of all areas in two buildings, the cleaning involved includes (but not limited too):
- Mopping and cleaning of all floored areas
- Vacuuming of all carpeted areas
- Cleaning of all toilets including the topping up of all stock
- Particular attention hospital wide to the cleanliness of all high touch point areas/surfaces
- Emptying of all bins
- Consistent spot checking of all areas
- A large amount of time for this particular role will include cleaning by the Housekeeping Team Leader
- The ability to lead team members to prescribed standards.
- Cleaning all areas accordingly (this includes cleaning tasks done by the successful Housekeeping Team Leader)
- Maintaining routine tasks related to our housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Communicating in a hand-over daily with other team members
- This is a permanent role working five days a week (some weekend work may be required from time to time based on occupancy levels)
- As we have night cleaners, there is a requirement for the Team Leader to at least once a week (generally Thursdays) work a split shift to assist and lead the Night cleaning crew.
We need a person who has the following attributes:
- Strong leader who works at pace and willing to get stuck in daily (includes daily cleaning)
- A passionate person who is not afraid of hard work
- It is important that you are able to communicate proficiently in English and are always well presented
- A self-motivated and very energetic individual
- Attention to detail is absolutely paramount in this clinical environment as is the ability to lead from the front
- A people person who is able to engage with both team members and our patients
- A quick worker who remains positive
- An excellent work ethic and team culture
- Experience in a similar role in a hotel or clinical environment
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Housekeeping Team Leader/Supervisor role would be preferred
Please note, with Government mandates regarding Covid vaccinations for Healthcare workers, it is a requirement for a potential candidate to be fully vaccinated against Covid19. Proof of Vaccination status will be required.