Braemar Hospital is the leading private surgical hospital based in Hamilton.
Excellence is at our core, and with highly sophisticated technology and facilities across nine operating theatres and two endoscopy suites supporting a full range of surgical specialties, we are proud to provide a five-star experience to our patients, specialists, visitors, and team every day. We are rapidly growing to increase our current capacity, which currently includes 85 beds, and a 5 bed HDU/ICU.
We work with leading specialists and surgeons to support a variety of surgical and medical procedures including Cardio-thoracic surgery, Orthopaedics, Spines, General, Urology, Plastics, Maxilla Facial, ENT and Dental.
Our Theatre Manager is currently seeking a Theatre Co-ordinator. This key role provides clinical and nursing leadership across our Theatre team and ensures efficient coordination of resources to support an outstanding experience for our specialists, patients, and team.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fantastic organisation, committed to serving our community.
About the role:
- We are seeking a team player who understands that relationships are key to effective and efficient coordination of services, and has the ability to tailor their approach for different audiences.
- Three years relevant clinical experience and a strong understanding of medico-legal and ethical responsibilities is critical.
- We are seeking an individual with a keen eye for continuous improvement and enhancing quality.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are essential; effective communication is key to ensuring a highly coordinated Theatre team.
- A high level of organisation and good time management skills are essential.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary. Did you know we are New Zealand’s first hospital accredited as a Living Wage employer?
- We support ongoing development with access to our education fund for professional development, internal development opportunities, and professional celebrations throughout the year. This includes access to Peri-operative educator support.
- We have state-of-the-art facilities and equipment (we’re more like a hotel than a hospital), and we have a free car-park.
- Our Executive Chef and his team fully cater morning and afternoon tea for all employees, and if you’re feeling like a restaurant-quality lunch… we heavily subsidise this for you.
- We support well-being and wellness. We offer fruit baskets, we have an annual shut-down period to make sure our team get a proper break over Christmas where possible, we provide annual flu vaccinations and we support an array of other wellbeing initiatives throughout the year.
- We have additional benefits including access to a retail discount programme, long service recognition and employee parking within easy walking distance to our campus.
If co-ordinating a fantastic Theatre team, in an incredible working environment sounds like it might be your next step – don’t delay.
For further information, please contact Margaret Dube, Theatre Manager on 07 843 1885
Or, if you’re ready to apply, please submit your resume, evidence of current registration and cover letter.