Braemar Hospital’s new to entry practice (NETP), Graduate RN positions for September 2022, are open via ACE recruitment programme. To apply for a position at Braemar Hospital, on ACE, please select Waikato DHB, then Surgical or Perioperative, as your practice setting preferences.
In your Cover Letter, give more detail about your preference to Braemar Hospital. Waikato DHB will identify potential employment opportunities for you and provide Braemar Hospital with your details to progress with your application.
During your interview you will be given an opportunity to discuss in more detail the exact practice settings available within Braemar Hospital, and which of these you feel you are best suited to.
Positions available for September 2022 Intake
- One position in Inpatient Ward
- One position in PACU
Graduate nurses at Braemar;
- Will receive individualised attention and support from Charge Nurse, Preceptor and Educator and the wider team.
- Are employed to work at least 0.8FTE or more if negotiated.
- Are provided with a structured orientation to the department and organisation.
- Are expected to complete one 30-point post graduate paper – Nursing 770 Clinical Practice Development through the University of Auckland
- Join the Waikato DHB Graduate Nurse Programme Study Days, including attending all the study days related to Nursing 770 Clinical Practice Development paper.
- Are contracted to work at Braemar Hospital for 24 months (Graduate Nurse Programme is for 12 months)
- Will have a shared clinical caseload with preceptors for 12 weeks to support their comprehensive orientation.
Ongoing support and benefits
- Ongoing professional development
- Continued employment in placement area after graduate nurse year
- Further post graduate study support
- Preceptor support for the duration of the graduate nurse year
- Opportunity for a clinical rotation in another specialty after the graduate nurse year
- Nursing Council of New Zealand approved PDRP
- Christmas and New Year shut down to enjoy with family and friends
- Working alongside Waikato’s leading Specialists
- Exposure to a very diverse range of surgical specialties
For more information, please contact Jos Itayi, Graduate Nurse Programme Coordinator, 07 843 1898 ext. 898 or email