Braemar Hospital is Waikato’s leading private surgical hospital which provides state of the art technology and facilities, and is dedicated to providing the highest quality care with more than 100 specialists. There are nine operating theatres, two endoscopy suites, five bed HDU/ICU and 85 surgical beds. Braemar provides a comprehensive range of surgical and medical services for both day and inpatient surgery.
We have an opportunity for Day Ward/Endoscopy Nurses to join our dedicated and professional team on a part-time and casual basis.
The Day Ward/Endoscopy Unit offers surgical and medical day stay procedures, including dental, gynaecology, orthopaedics, general surgery, urology and plastics. We have two endoscopy theatres offering a range of services.
We are looking for Registered Nurses with current practicing certificates who have:
- Relevant and recent surgical experience
- Endoscopy experience preferred but not essential
- Exceptional communication skills, oral and written
- Excellent time management
- A passion for providing a high standard of nursing care
- Sound clinical nursing skills
- The willingness to go the extra mile with a ‘can do’ attitude
- The ability to work effectively within a team providing patient focused care
- Fantastic people skills and a positive demeanour
We offer you:
- The opportunity to work family friendly shifts – Monday to Friday, varied morning and afternoon shifts (no nights – occasional Saturdays, no on-call)
- An excellent remuneration package
- A welcoming, friendly, progressive environment
- A comprehensive orientation and education package, plus opportunities for further clinical development
- Guaranteed Christmas break to enjoy with friends and family (planned Christmas closure)
- Subsidised restaurant quality meals
- A dynamic, committed, hardworking and supportive team
If you are passionate about quality patient care and working with an equally passionate team send a comprehensive CV, evidence of current registration and covering letter to: Lucricia.Thompson@braemarhospital.co.nz. Please state whether you are applying for a part-time or casual role.
For further information, contact Nic Walker, Charge Nurse – Day Ward 07 834 1898 ext 774.