Braemar Hospital is a private surgical hospital that prides itself on five-star treatment for patients, specialists, visitors and also provides an excellent work environment for its staff.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Purchasing Officer to join the great team at Braemar Hospital. This is a 40 hours per week, permanent position working Monday to Friday. There are two shifts for this role:
- Morning shift, commencing at 6:30am
- Afternoon shift finishing at 6:00pm
You will be required to rotate your shifts working both the morning and afternoon shift. You also need to have the ability to work additional hours when required.
In this role you will be responsible for all stock in the hospital. Tasks will include receiving inwards goods ordering and processing stock requests; ensuring required stocking levels are maintained, and dispatching goods to stocking points throughout the hospital.
Proven stores experience is preferred, along with the following attributes:
- Ability to work independently
- Highly organised and process driven
- Excellent computer and numeracy skills
- Ability to quickly grasp technical terms and gain an understanding of health sector products
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Well presented
- Physical capacity to lift up to 20kg
This is a busy role so energy, enthusiasm and commitment to delivering a high level of service throughout the hospital, along with the ability to cope well under pressure, will ensure your success in being chosen for this position.