About the job
- Join a high calibre, close knit multi-disciplinary team working in our Special Care Unit (SCU);
- Experience an environment focused on employee wellness, where we enjoy a two-week shut-down over Christmas and competitive remuneration and benefits;
- Full and part-time roles available
Braemar Hospital is a prestigious private surgical hospital in Hamilton, New Zealand, dedicated to supporting nearly 200 credentialed specialists, including surgeons from many parts of the world, working at the highest level in their fields.
Excellence is at our core, and with highly sophisticated technology and facilities and our highly skilled team working across nine operating theatres and two endoscopy suites, we support a full range or surgical specialties and medical procedures.
We are known for our innovation and the five-star experience we provide to our patients, specialists, and visitors every day, and we recognise and value our people for the outstanding commitment and contribution they make to deliver this experience.
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse in our Special Care Unit (SCU) team. Reporting to the Charge Nurse, you are responsible for delivering the highest standard of care post-surgery, which includes minor procedures right through to highly complex cases including cardiothoracic, HIPECs, cardiology, urology, plastics, general and colorectal.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant ICU/HDU experience;
- Demonstrated clear and professional communication skills and the ability to remain calm and collected in a high-pressure situation;
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills, and an organised and methodical approach;
- Understand that the key to success lies in our team operating in collaboration with one another and you will have the ability and disposition to enhance cooperation and teamwork with a patient centred approach;
- A current New Zealand Nursing Registration (APC); and
- Ability to work rostered and rotating shifts, and be prepared to work in other areas of the hospital within the Patient Services team dependent on workload and clinical acuity.
Working for Us
Working at Braemar Hospital provides you with access to a number of great benefits, including:
- Competitive remuneration;
- Sophisticated facilities and equipment at your fingertips;
- Our Executive Chef and his team fully cater morning and afternoon tea for all employees, and if you’re feeling like a restaurant-quality lunch… we heavily subsidise this for you;
- Our leaders prioritise and promote employee wellness with programmes, initiatives, leave and every day support;
- We offer fruit baskets, we have an annual shut-down period to make sure our team get a proper break over Christmas where possible, we provide annual flu vaccinations and we support an array of other wellbeing initiatives throughout the year;
- We have additional benefits including access to a retail discount programme, long service recognition and employee parking within easy walking distance to our campus;
- We also support ongoing development with access to professional development, internal development opportunities, and professional celebrations throughout the year.
If you believe you have the skills and experience for this role, we would love to hear from you. Apply now by uploading your cover letter and CV below, or phone Annalise Brennan, Acting Charge Nurse – SCU for a confidential discussion on 07 843 1898 ext 865.