We are inviting applications from Specialist Medical Oncologists with interests in Breast, Genitourinary, Prostrate and lung cancers to join the team at Braemar Hospital, one of New Zealand’s largest and busiest private surgical and medical hospitals.
Braemar Hospital is Waikato’s foremost private surgical hospital, currently offering 85 beds and providing state of the art technology and facilities dedicated to providing the highest quality care with more than 100 specialists. We offer both day and inpatient private surgical and medical services. Situated directly across from the main public hospital (Waikato Hospital) we are the ideal location for specialists who wish to either combine public and private practice or gradually transition into their private practice. With the current patient numbers a time commitment of one day per week for each subspecialty would be required.
We recognise the need for flexibility and as such, for the right specialists, we can offer either to bring you in as a salaried employee or to assist you establish a private practice.
Braemar Hospital has long been a leading regional centre for private oncology surgery and in response to the growing multidisciplinary approach to improving patient care pathways and convenience we launched Braemar Oncology in April 2012. Since launch we have seen a consistent growth driven by the quality of service, staff, environment and by recognising the patient needs within the Waikato community and wider regions for private medical oncology services. This sustained growth led to the development and construction of a brand-new purpose-built Medical Services Building comprising radiology imaging, consultation rooms and a class leading 13 bay medical oncology suite.
Our new purpose-built Medical Oncology Services Building will open in May 2021 and the expansion and growing demand means this is an excellent time to join Braemar and either lead the Braemar team or simply start in your own Private Practice within an existing successful private hospital service.
We are experienced in supporting, transitioning and establishing new Specialists entering private practice and working through Insurance principles, private service set up and the fee for service models.
These Medical Oncologist role require:
- To provide a level of service that meets the goals and objectives of Braemar Hospital
- Clinical competence with sound knowledge base with reference to accepted standards of Medical Oncology Practice
- Advanced specialty knowledge and practice expertise.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (written and oral) in English
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Must hold a qualification that can be registered with the Medical Council of New Zealand for the practice of Internal Medicine – Medical Oncology. (FRACP)
- Be registered as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Council of New Zealand or eligible for registration with the Medical Council to enable practice within New Zealand.
- The applicant must hold an up to date Annual Certificate of Registration at all times.
- Meet Braemar Hospital’s Credentialing Policy and approval
For further information and to register your interest, please call Ellie Reid, Executive Assistant on 07 858 6360.