Braemar Hospital is Waikato’s leading private surgical hospital which provides state of the art technology and facilities, and is dedicated to providing the highest quality care with more than 100 specialists. There are nine operating theatres, two endoscopy suites, five bed HDU/ICU and 85 surgical beds. Braemar provides a comprehensive range of surgical and medical services for both day and inpatient surgery.
There is a fantastic and very rare opportunity for a laundry assistant to join our Hospitality Team. We are a friendly and experienced Laundry team in a clinical environment that looks after the laundry needs of two medical buildings. This is a permanent role of 32 hours a fortnight.
We believe in supporting each other as we strive for an excellent result when it comes to cleanliness. We believe in developing our team members to succeed and grow. At the same time we enjoy having fun and maintaining strong values of excellence, integrity and teamwork. Braemar Hospital continues to grow.
The role involves the following:
- Maintaining the laundry & linen of all areas of the 2 medical buildings, this includes (but is not limited to):
- Sorting, washing, drying, pressing and the folding of Hospital linen
- The correct use of commercial washers and dryers
- Collection of dirty linen items and the redistribution of clean linen, laundry etc. around the Hospital buildings
- The ability to work independently to prescribed standards
- This role will involve alternating shifts (we work either morning and or afternoon into evening shifts (no graveyard shifts)
- Maintaining routine tasks related to our Laundry policies and procedures
- Communicating in a hand-over daily with other team members as needed
- Please note the role will involve the lifting of heavy linen items into and out of washing machines/dryers etc.
We need a person who has the following attributes:
- Able to communicate proficiently in English and is always well presented
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Attention to detail is paramount
- A people person who is able to engage with both Team members and our patients
- A quick worker who remains positive.
- A person with excellent work ethic and team culture.
- An organised person
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Laundry environment (either Hotel/Clinical or Commercial laundry environment)
Please click here to apply and include your CV and cover letter