Braemar Hospital is Waikato’s leading private surgical hospital which provides state of the art technology and facilities, and is dedicated to providing the highest quality care with more than 100 specialists. There are nine operating theatres, two endoscopy suites, five bed HDU/ICU and 85 surgical beds. Braemar provides a comprehensive range of surgical and medical services for both day and inpatient surgery.
There is an opportunity for an experienced Kitchen Hand to join our friendly culinary team that produces high-end restaurant quality meals daily.
We are a busy kitchen that believes in supporting each other as we strive for an excellent result when it comes to food service. We believe in developing our team members to succeed and grow. At the same time, we enjoy having fun and maintaining strong values of excellence, integrity and teamwork.
The role involves the following:
- Collecting meal trays from patient rooms
- Washing and sanitising dishes, and storing them correctly
- Cleaning the kitchen areas according to a schedule
- Servicing coffee machines daily
- Clearing dishes and stocking up our tea rooms
- Maintaining and cleaning the kitchen floor
- Communicating in a hand over daily with other team members
We need a person who has the following attributes:
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English and is always well presented
- Self-motivated and energetic individual
- A quick worker who remains positive
- Excellent work ethic and team culture.
- Experience in a similar role in a busy restaurant or food service environment.
If you are interested in a long-term role in a secure hospitality environment please click here to apply and include your CV and cover letter