Braemar Hospital is Waikato’s leading private surgical hospital which provides state of the art technology and facilities, and is dedicated to providing the highest quality care with more than 100 specialists. There are nine operating theatres, two endoscopy suites, five bed HDU/ICU and 85 surgical beds. Braemar provides a comprehensive range of surgical and medical services for both day and inpatient surgery.
There is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced kitchen super star to join our culinary team. We are a friendly kitchen team in a clinical environment that produces high-end restaurant quality meals daily.
We are a busy kitchen that believe in supporting each other as we strive for an excellent result when it comes to food service. We believe in developing our team members to succeed and grow. At the same time we enjoy having fun and maintaining strong values of excellence, Integrity and teamwork.
The role involves the following:
- Cooking, plating and serving meals under the guidance of our Chefs and cooks.
- Washing and sanitising dishes, and storing them correctly.
- The ability to work independently to prescribed standards.
- Cleaning the kitchen areas accordingly
- Maintaining routine tasks related to our custom Food control plan.
- Prepping food items quickly and efficiently. (knife skills are essential)
- Maintaining and cleaning the kitchen floor.
- Communicating in a hand-over daily with other team members.
- Transporting food by trolley/small electric cart/Van
- This is a permanent role of 30 hours a week with occasional monthly weekend work.
We need a person who:
- Is able to communicate proficiently in English and is always well presented
- Is self-motivated and energetic
- Is a people person and is able to engage with both team members and our patients
- Is a quick worker who remains positive.
- Is a person with excellent work ethic and team culture.
- Has experience in a similar role in a busy Hotel/ Restaurant or high-end food service environment.
- Has a minimum of two years’ experience in a kitchen assistant or cook role would be required.
If you are interested in a long-term role in a secure hospitality environment please don’t hesitate to apply by providing your CV, and cover letter