Braemar Hospital is Waikato’s leading private surgical hospital which provides state of the art technology and facilities, and is dedicated to providing the highest quality care with more than 100 specialists. There are nine operating theatres, two endoscopy suites, five bed HDU/ICU and 85 surgical beds. Braemar provides a comprehensive range of surgical and medical services for both day and inpatient surgery.
There is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced housekeeper to join our Hospitality Team. We are a friendly housekeeping team in a clinical environment that looks after the cleaning needs of two medical buildings. This is a permanent after hours role of 15 hours a week – Monday to Friday.
We believe in supporting each other as we strive for an excellent result when it comes to cleanliness. We believe in developing our team members to succeed and grow. At the same time we enjoy having fun and maintaining strong values of excellence, integrity and teamwork. Braemar Hospital continues to grow and this newly created role will be based in our soon to be open Medical Services Building.
The role involves the following:
- Maintaining the cleanliness of all areas of the new medical services building, the cleaning involved includes (but is not limited to):
- Mopping and cleaning of all floored areas
- Vacuuming of all carpeted areas
- Cleaning of all Toilets including the topping up of all stock
- Particular attention to the cleanliness of all high touch point areas
- Emptying of all bins
- The ability to work independently to prescribed standards.
- Cleaning all areas accordingly
- Maintaining routine tasks related to our housekeeping policies and procedures
- Communicating in a hand-over daily with other team members as needed
We need a person who has the following attributes:
- Able to communicate proficiently in English and is always well presented
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Attention to detail is paramount
- A people person who is able to engage with both Team members and our patients
- A quick worker who remains positive.
- A person with excellent work ethic and team culture.
- A person who has experience in a similar role in a Clinical or Hotel environment.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a Housekeeping role would be preferred
Please click here to view the position description for this role.
If you are interested in a long-term role in a secure hospitality environment please don’t hesitate to APPLY by providing your CV and cover letter.