Show your passion for food and work family friendly hours
Our team is expanding. There is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chef to join our culinary team. We are a friendly kitchen team that produces high-end restaurant quality meals, that support our Braemar Hospital “hotel ethos”.
We believe in supporting each other as we strive for an excellent result when it comes to food service.
We believe in developing our team members to succeed and grow. We enjoy having fun, learning from each other with a great family culture.
Ideally we are looking for a Chef who has some experience at Sous Chef level and has a genuine passion for their craft. Weekend work is limited to once a month and the 8-hour shifts finish no later than 6:30pm daily.
What we can offer:
- Genuine opportunity to upskill and develop
- Competitive wages
- Better family hours
- Space to be creative and leave your mark!
The role involves the following:
- 80 hours over a fortnight
- Cooking, plating and serving meals to a high standard
- Attention to customer service for our patients, clients and staff
- Maintaining routine tasks related to our custom Food control plan
- Prepping food items quickly and efficiently. (strong knife skills are essential)
- Monthly weekend work
- Consistency, consistency, consistency!
We need a person who has the following attributes:
- An organised leader
- It is important that you are able to communicate proficiently in English and are always well presented
- A self-motivated and energetic individual
- In-depth knowledge around international cuisines and cooking styles
- A people person who is able to engage with both Team members and our patients positively
- A person who has experience in a similar role
If you would like an opportunity to work in New Zealand’s leading private hospital, and are interested in a long-term role in a secure hospitality environment, please don’t hesitate to click the apply and include your CV and covering letter.