Excellent opportunity to join a great culinary team as a Chef
Braemar Hospital is Waikato’s leading private surgical hospital which provides state of the art technology and facilities, and is dedicated to providing the highest quality care with more than 100 specialists. There are nine operating theatres, two endoscopy suites, five bed HDU/ICU and 85 surgical beds. Braemar provides a comprehensive range of surgical and medical services for both day and inpatient surgery.
There is a fantastic, rare opportunity for an experienced Chef to join our culinary team. We are a friendly kitchen team that produces high-end restaurant quality meals daily.
We believe in supporting each other as we strive for an excellent result when it comes to food service. We believe in developing our team members to succeed and grow. At the same time, we enjoy having fun and maintaining strong values of excellence, integrity and teamwork.
We are currently interested in applicants with hotel training at Chef de partie level. Hours would be 2 eight hour shifts per week that include weekend work on a rotating roster.
This would be ideal for a professional needing to supplement their hours or wanting to ease their way back into the kitchen.
The role involves the following:
- 16 hours over 2 days per week
- Cooking, plating and serving meals autonomously.
- Maintaining routine tasks related to our custom Food control plan.
- Prepping food items quickly and efficiently (knife skills are essential)
We need a person who has the following attributes:
- It is important that you are able to communicate proficiently in English and are always well presented.
- A self-motivated and energetic individual
- A people person who is able to engage with both Team members and our patients well with a high level of respect.
- A quick worker who remains positive.
- A person who has experience in a similar role.
Please note, with Government mandates regarding COVID vaccinations for Healthcare workers, it is a requirement for a potential candidate to be fully vaccinated, including booster, against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.